FAVORITE ANIMAL SITES
- The Dodo – entertaining animal-related articles, cute videos of critters
- Forks Over Knives – delicious, plant-based recipes with a focus on optimal health
- Happy Cow – locate an amazing veg-friendly restaurant near you
- People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals – get informed about animal issues, including abuse on fur farms, in circuses, in vivisection labs and more
- Our Hen House – multimedia news powerhouse that provides resources to help you find your own way to change the world for animals
- Leaping Bunny – list of companies and products that do not test on animals
- Brave Gentleman – more chic, cruelty-free clothing
- MooShoes – fashionable, leather-free shoes and more
- Vegucated – humorous and educational film about the many benefits of vegan eating
- Speciesism: The Movie – fascinating film about the ethical reasons to choose vegan foods
- Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret – entertaining film about the positive environmental impact of choosing a vegan lifestyle
- Humane Seal – find out if a charity conducts animal testing
I have always found music to be a wonderful source of inspiration for creating art, so I thought you might enjoy a list of some of the songs that inspired me as I wrote Persimmon Takes On Humanity. Perhaps they’ll inspire your artistic endeavors as well!
- KT Tunstall – “Yellow Flower”
- Radiohead – “Bodysnatchers”
- Frederic Chopin – “Prelude in E-minor: Op. 28, No. 4”
- Odetta – “Until It’s Time For You To Say Go (Live)”
- Portishead – “Magic Doors”
- Arvo Part – “Spiegel im Spiegel”
- Rachael Yamagata – “Heavyweight”
- Elizaveta – “Odi Et Amo”
- Muse – “Hysteria”
- Simon & Garfunkel – “Bookends”
- Chelsea Wolfe – “The Waves Have Come”
- Lykke Li – “Tonight”
- “Amelie” Sountrack (Yann Tiersen) – “La Dispute”
BOOK COVER DESIGN
Do you love the covers for Persimmon Takes On Humanity and Vincent and The Dissidents as much as I do? I have these amazingly talented people to thank:
L.A. Watson is the artistic genius who designed the beautiful front cover art and the raccoon tail on the back cover of Persimmon Takes On Humanity. She also designed the entire breathtaking cover for Vincent and The Dissidents. She’s a truly original virtuoso!
raven + crow studio is the masterful team that created the gorgeous layout and design of the spine and back cover for Persimmon Takes On Humanity. And do you see that awesome raccoon mask on every page of the website? Yep, that’s them too!
Do you also like the design of the website?
Katie Vann is the brilliant mastermind behind the entire creation of the website. From the cool raccoon mask banners at the top of each page to the fancy slider on the homepage, she brought my novel to life on the Internet with style.